The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) offers a unique Scholarship for undergraduate programs, providing financial support and incentives to deserving students. This fellowship is divided into two levels – Level A and Level B – each catering to different aspects of a student’s needs and qualifications.
Benefits of USTC Scholarship Program – Levels of Fellowship
The USTC Scholarship Program is a gateway to academic excellence for international students, offering distinct levels of fellowship to cater to diverse needs. The program is thoughtfully designed with two levels, namely Level A and Level B, each providing a unique set of benefits. Here are they:
Funded by USTC, Level A includes:
- Tuition waiver
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Monthly stipend of 2,500 RMB
- Accommodation subsidy
Also funded by USTC, Level B only includes a Tuition waiver. To apply for the fellowship, candidates must create an account in the USTC Application System and specify the desired fellowship level. It is possible to apply for one or both levels simultaneously. The decision on the fellowship level granted is based on a comprehensive evaluation of the applicant, and each candidate is eligible for only one scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria of the USTC Scholarship Program
To be eligible for the USTC Fellowship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: Non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport, in good physical and mental health.
- Language Proficiency: Passed new HSK Level 5 or above. However, exemptions are available for applicants whose native language is Chinese or those who can provide proof of studying at a high school with Chinese as the teaching language.
- Emigrants: Applicants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan applying as international students must have obtained their current foreign citizenship before April 30th, 2020. Additionally, they must have resided abroad for at least 2 years between April 30th, 2020, and April 30th, 2024.
- Compliance with Ministry of Education Conditions: Adherence to the conditions set by the Document No. 12 (2020) of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China.
- Education: Hold a high school diploma (equivalent to a high school diploma in China) by July of 2024.
- Age: Applicants must be under the age of 30 by September 1st, 2024.
- Previous Scholarships: Applicants who have received other Chinese scholarships or funds (2024-2025) are ineligible to apply for this fellowship.
Application Process and Timeline
The application period for the USTC Fellowship is from October 20th, 2023, to March 31st, 2024. Prospective candidates are required to follow a systematic application process:
- Create an Account: Register in the online application system.
- Complete Application: Fill in all the required information and upload necessary documents as specified.
- Submission Confirmation: After submitting the application, applicants should regularly check their email for further documentation requests, online interview information, and other updates.
Required Application Materials
Applicants need to submit a comprehensive set of documents, including:
- Application Form for International Students (Undergraduate Program)
- Photocopy of passport
- Notarized photocopies of senior high school graduation certificate and transcripts
- Certificate of new HSK Level 5 and transcripts (or proof of studying in Chinese language)
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Recommendation letter from senior high school
- Guardian Statement (for applicants under 18 by Sept. 1st, 2024)
- Additional documents for emigrants from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan
Applicants should note that documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English, and application materials will not be returned regardless of the result.
The USTC Fellowship for Undergraduate Programs is a golden opportunity for international students to pursue their education in a prestigious institution with financial support tailored to their needs. Aspiring candidates should carefully review the eligibility criteria and application guidelines to enhance their chances of success.
For more detail about the USTC Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students in China, go the USTC website.
- Women Digital Entrepreneurship Program with Access Bank & NerdzFactory 2024
- British Petroleum (BP) Africa Graduate Program 2024
- HZDR Summer Student Program 2024: Applications Open Now