Do you want to know to sign up for a threads account? The app by Instagram.
In this article, we will introduce you to Threads, a new social networking app from Meta. We will discuss how to download the Threads app, how to sign up for a Threads account, how to link your Threads account to Facebook, and whether Twitter is a threat to Threads.
What is Threads?
Threads is a new app designed by Instagram, the app from Meta. It is a social networking app that works exactly like X (Twitter). It brings its existing Instagram users to a space where they can share their thoughts and opinions in a quote thread. The app was launched on July 5, 2023. It is basically a Meta version of Twitter.
How to Download the Threads App on Your Phone
In order to proceed with the threads app, you can download the app on your phone. Below are the steps required for the download:
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store.
- In the search bar, type “Threads” and press Enter.
- Tap on the Threads app icon.
- Tap the Get or Install button to start the download.
- Once the app has been downloaded, tap the Open button to launch it.
After you have successfully installed the Threads app, you can now open the app. Once you have successfully downloaded the application, the next thing to proceed with is the sign up process, where you fill in your details in order to be part of the threads community.
How to Sign Up for A Threads Account
There are two ways to sign up for a Threads account. With an existing Instagram account or without an Instagram account. If you have an existing Instagram account, you can use it to sign up for Threads quickly and easily. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can still sign up for Threads, but you have to create an Instagram account.
In the following sections, we will discuss both methods of signing up for Threads in more detail. We will also provide step-by-step instructions on how to complete each method.
How to Sign Up for Threads with an Existing Instagram Account
To sign up for a Threads account with an existing Instagram account, you will need to have the Threads app installed on your device. Which we have already shown you how. So, once you have the app installed, follow these steps:
- Open the Threads app on your mobile device.
- Tap Log in with Instagram or Switch profiles if you want to use a different Instagram account.
- Choose whether to add your bio and link manually or import them from Instagram. Your Threads username will be the same as your Instagram username, but you can only change it from your Instagram account.
- Select whether to make your Threads profile public or private. If you choose private, only approved followers will be able to view and interact with your content.
- Choose which users you want to follow on Threads. You can follow all of your Instagram followers, or select specific users.
Once you have completed these steps, your Threads account will be set up and ready to use.
How to Sign Up for Threads without an Instagram Account
You don’t have an Instagram account but you want to use the Threads app? Threads is an app that is closely linked to Instagram, which means that you cannot use Threads without an Instagram account. So, you will have to create an Instagram account in order for you to use the Threads app.
If you do not have an Instagram account, you can create one by following these steps:
- Go to the Instagram app or website and tap on Sign Up.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Enter your Full Name.
- Create a Username for your Instagram account. You should note that this username will also be your Threads account username too.
- Create a password and tap on Sign Up.
You can choose whether to allow Instagram to find your friends on Facebook. That is if you have a Facebook account, but you can easily sign up for a Facebook account. So, once you have created an Instagram account, you can sign up for Threads by following these steps:
- Download and open the Threads app.
- Tap on log in with Instagram.
From here, you can the instructions from the previous heading, from steps 3 to 5. If you have followed the steps correctly, you have a working threads account. And you can join in on conversations and leave a quote thread.
How to Link Your Threads Account to Facebook
Since Threads is automatically synced to Instagram, many users are eager to have the ability to sync their Facebook accounts as well. The process for doing this is simple:
- Open the Threads app.
- Go to your profile and copy your username.
- Open your Facebook account.
- Go to your profile and click Edit Profile.
- In the Links section, click Add Social Link.
- Select Threads from the list of platforms.
- Paste your Threads username into the Username field.
- Click Save.
Once you have linked your Threads account to Facebook, your Threads profile link will appear on your Facebook profile. This will allow your Facebook friends to easily find and follow you on Threads.
Twitter As a Threat to Threads
Twitter, is a well-known social media platform responsible for posting content, allowing easy interaction with established individuals and their followers, and so on. This has brought up the belief that there would be a kind of rival between Twitter and threads. But obviously, I see no rival. Yes, I know the threads app was built greatly but it cannot just come and overtake Twitter which has been doing well for a longer period of time. I just don’t think individuals who have put their effort into Twitter will just quit to go for a brand-new application. That being said, I assume Threads is coming up great as it was ranked the fastest-growing app ever with over 100 million users in less than a week.