In this article, we will learn how to sign up to create a Slashdot account. We will also learn how to reset your password if you forget it.
Slashdot is a pretty cool website, especially if you’re into science, tech, and politics. It’s been around since the early days of the internet. People who are interested in the same topics still find it a great place to learn about new things and discuss them. It is just like Twiddla.
One of the things that makes Slashdot so special is its community. The people who use Slashdot are passionate about the things they talk about, and they’re always up for a good debate. The comments sections on Slashdot can be pretty lively, but they’re also informative and insightful. You can often find experts in the field weighing in on the latest news stories and trends.
How to Sign Up to create a Slashdot account
To create a Slashdot account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Slashdot website.
- Click on the Sign up button at the top right corner of the page.
- On the Create an Account page, enter your Nickname. Then, click on the Check Availability button to check if the username is available.
- Enter your Full name, Email address, and Phone number.
- Select your Job title and Company size.
- Enter your Company name.
- Click on the I am not a robot reCAPTCHA to verify that you are a human.
- Click on the Create Account button.
If your account creation is successful, you will be taken to an Account creation page. You will be asked to check your email inbox for an email from Slashdot containing a password reset code. You can use this code to reset your account password, but please note that it has a time limit.
To reset your password:
- Go to the inbox of the email address you used to register for a Slashdot account. Open the email from Slashdot.
- Copy the password-reset code and click on the Login link below. You will be taken to a password configuration page.
- Select your login session options.
- Paste the password-rest code that you copied earlier.
- Create a password for the account and enter it again.
- Click on the Change Login Prefs button to save your password.
Now, you can log in to your new Slashdot account using the nickname that you created and the new password that you also created.
If you’re looking for a place to learn about new technologies, discuss current events, or just geek out with other people who share your interests, then Slashdot is a great place to check out.