Do you want to know how Microsoft remote desktop works and how to use it? If you keep wondering if there is a way to control your PC from another device from anywhere, then you should know the Microsoft remote desktop protocol (RDP).
What is Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)?
Microsoft Remote Desktop is a feature that enables you to connect and control your PC remotely from another device. These devices that can be used to connect and control your PC can be Windows, IOS, macOS, or Android devices, basically any smart device.
How To Install/Enable Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol On Windows PC
Any Windows computer can have access to this feature. However, the computer must be a Pro version of Windows or must be upgraded to the Pro version. Windows comes pre-installed with the Microsoft RDP software, but you can download it from the Microsoft Store if you just upgraded to the Pro Windows.
Although not just all versions of Windows. You have to update your Windows to Update (1709) or later if not you won’t get the feature on your PC. But you can also download it on the Microsoft store as we said above. However, if you decide to use the downloaded version and not the one in your settings, then you might lose some features.
How to Set Up Microsoft Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) On Windows PC
If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop on your settings, then you should follow this step-by-step on how to activate it. If you are using this method, then that means that you don’t need to download an application.
- Press Win + X, then tap N.
- Go to System.
- In the side menu click on Remote Desktop.
Or instead of all these steps, you can just go to Remote Desktop. Also, note that the next steps will require that your PC should stay awake.
- Click on Enable Remote Desktop to set up RDP.
- Then click on Show settings to enable.
- Then select the client that you would like to have control over the PC.
NOTE: THE CLIENT THAT WE ARE REFERRING TO IS THE DEVICE THAT YOU WILL USE TO CONTROL YOUR PC REMOTELY. AND TO MAKE A DEVICE A CLIENT, YOU HAVE TO DOWNLOAD THE MICROSOFT DESKTOP CLIENT ON THEIR RESPECTIVE APPLICATION STORES.
Advantages of Using RDP
There are many remote services out there, so what will be the reasons that you will use this instead of the hundreds of others that are available? So, we give you the reason why you should use Microsoft remote desktop as an advantage.
- You can connect with a device from very far away.
- You can control just more than the screen. You can control apps, files, settings and so many more.
- It is secure.
- You can transfer files and print them remotely.
- Audios will be played on the client device, that is your phone.
With this article, you can remotely connect to your Windows PC anytime anywhere, and can use it for anything. Also, tell us all your experiences before and after reading this article and how the RDP program has assisted you.
Also, Check Out:
- Google Chrome Remote Desktop–Review, How to Install & Setup
- 3 Different Ways On How To Take screenshots on Windows 10 & 11 PC
- Online Local Cloud Storages/Drives For Windows PCs That You Need To Know