Want to know how to register for an eNaira account?
eNaira is a Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) issued by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). It is the digital form of the Nigerian Naira and is used just like cash. eNaira is a legal tender and can be used to pay for goods and services anywhere in Nigeria.
In this article, we will introduce eNaira. We will discuss the benefits of eNaira over traditional cash payments, how to use eNaira, and how to download and register for the eNaira app.
Benefits Of eNaira Over Traditional Cash Payment
eNaira has a number of benefits over traditional cash payments, including:
- Faster and more convenient transactions: eNaira transactions are processed instantly. So that you can send and receive money without having to wait. You can also use eNaira to make contactless payments. Which is more convenient and hygienic than using cash, which can be dirty or contaminated.
- Lower fees: eNaira transactions are typically charged lower fees than traditional cash payments. This is because eNaira transactions are processed directly between users, without the need for a third-party financial institution.
- More secure: eNaira transactions are secured using blockchain technology, which makes them very difficult to counterfeit or hack.
To use eNaira, you will need to create an eNaira wallet. You can do this by downloading the eNaira app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. Once you have created an eNaira wallet, you can fund it by transferring money from your bank account or by using a debit card.
Once your eNaira wallet is funded, you can start using eNaira to make payments. To do this, simply open the eNaira app and scan the merchant’s QR code. You can also use eNaira to send and receive money to other eNaira users.
How to Download the eNaira App
To download the eNaira app, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android device or the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for “eNaira Speed Wallet”.
- Tap on the app icon and then tap on the “Install” button.
- Wait for the app to download and install.
- Once the app is installed, open it.
You will be able to start using the eNaira app to make and receive payments, scan QR codes, and more.
Also, Check Out: How to Open a UBA Account Using Your Mobile Phone | 4 Ways
How to Register for an eNaira Account From the Website
To register to the eNaira app from the website, follow these steps:
- Go to the eNaira website: https://enaira.gov.ng/.
- Click on the Login button on the top right corner.
- Click on the Sign up link below the Individual sign in button.
- Select the type of wallet you want to create: Individual Wallet, Edu Wallet, Mini Business Wallet, or Business Wallet.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it. Note: For Business Wallets, you will need to enter and verify your email address instead.
- Fill in the required identification information.
- Once you have filled in all the required information, click on the submit button to create your eNaira account.
Once you have created your account, you will be able to log in and start using the eNaira app. You can fund your wallet by transferring money from your bank account or by receiving payments from other eNaira users. Also, you can then use your eNaira wallet to make payments to merchants and individuals who accept eNaira.